Shade Rose Rouge
Claims of the Product
A multi-shade compact compiled of matte and gloss lipsticks that can be worn alone or mixed for your own personalized shade.
Comes complete with two lip brushes, one for lining & one for filling, perfect precision on every application. Ultimate ease on the go!
Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, MINERAL OIL (Paraffinum Liquidum), CERESIN, MICA, POLYISOBUTENE, SYNTHETIC BEESWAX , POLYETHYLENE, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA, BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER , BENTONITE, +/- CI 77891, CI 19140, CI 15850, CI 45410, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492,
Price: £ 4.0
List price in India: Rs. 1050
My say on the product
I bought this palette for Rs. 700 from Flipkart.com
I thought I needed a more versatile palette and found this!.
The MUA paintbox is an itty bitty box that fits in the palm of my hand.
The nice little mirror means you can perfect your pout on the go!
It comes with a little liner brush and a lip brush. I can barely hold them, but hey, who can carry their entire brush arsenal outdoors?
Meet the colors
The first without flash and the second is with flash
#1 Slightly pinkish red
#2 Reddish burgundy
#3 Peachy pink
#5 Ruby red
All these go on pretty sheer and can be built up based on the intensity you’re going for.
I’m not big on fuchsia; I’m more into the reds, especially shade #5.
How I apply it (for best effects, rather than just slathering it on):
- Exfoliate lips
- Apply lip balm and leave on for a while. Wipe off excess
- Apply lip primer – this should extend the life of the lipstick; haven’t tried that yet.
- Apply lip liner – fill it in or else if your lipstick wears off, you’re gonna end up with a ring around your mouth and ain’t nobody wanna see that!
- Use a clean lip brush to brush on the lipstick
- Kiss a tissue and then apply another coat
- If you’ve made any errors, go around the outer edges of your mouth with a bit of concealer.
- If you’re going for a smooth glossy finish, stop here
- If you want a matte finish, place a single-ply tissue over your lips, load up a brush with translucent powder, and pat onto your lips (Don’t breathe in and cough up a lung like I did!)
When I used this lip color, skipping steps 3 and 4, the lip color lasted me quite long. After eating lunch, the color clung to my lips like a stain and went a bit down in intensity, but I’m impressed; no lip product has ever stuck to me through lunch like that. You’re a true friend, Rose Rouge.
Pros of MUA Paint Box Lip Palette
- Great coverage
- Decent staying power
- Handbag friendly
Cons of MUA Paint Box Lip Palette
- The glossy palette gets scratched really easily
- Not much color variation
- Sticky texture
- Unsavory ingredients like Mineral oil and Polyisobutene
All in all – 3/5
I cut points off for application and ingredients
Would I buy again?
There’s a whole world of lip colors out there and right now I’m leaning towards matte colors, so yeah…
Hope you found this review helpful!